Facebook

Voices At Work

Voices At Work shared a link. ...

Woody Guthrie Ludlow Massacre

Refers to the violent deaths of 20 people, 11 of them children, during an attack by the Colorado National Guard on a tent colony of 1,200 striking coal miner...

6 days ago

Voices At Work

Voices At Work shared Bill Moyers's video: Preview: What the 1% Don't Want You to Know. ...

This week, Bill speaks to Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman about the new book the 1% don’t want the other 99% to read. “What Piketty’s really done now is he said, ‘Even those of you who talk about the 1 percent, you don’t really get what’s going on.’ He’s telling us that we are on the road not just to a highly unequal society, but to a society of an oligarchy. A society of inherited wealth.” Krugman adds: “We’re seeing inequalities that will be transferred across generations. We are becoming very much the kind of society we imagined we’re nothing like.”

6 days ago

This week, Bill speaks to Nobel Prize winner Paul Krugman about the new book the 1% don’t want the other 99% to read.

“What Piketty’s really done now is he said, ‘Even those of you who talk about the 1 percent, you don’t really get what’s going on.’ He’s telling us that we are on the road not just to a highly unequal society, but to a society of an oligarchy. A society of inherited wealth.”

Krugman adds: “We’re seeing inequalities that will be transferred across generations. We are becoming very much the kind of society we imagined we’re nothing like.”

Voices At Work Website Returns From Ashes

As many of you know, due to some technical issues with our previous web hosting service, we lost our entire website, including the backups.  A poor design on the former provider’s system stored the backups on the same storage device as the live website.  A failed storage device resulted in total loss.

We are rebuilding the website from the ground up and at a new hosting provider that allows us to make full backups of our data and store them off-site.

Keep an eye on this space as we hope to have the new site completed soon.

In the interim, check out our Voices At Work Facebook Page for current labor related news.

Radio for workers and produced by workers.